Yvonne at Seasoned Sistha2 recently chose me as one of her nominees for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. I definitely consider Yvonne a blogging sister of mine and am glad to know that she sees me in the same way.
It has been interesting and fun to think of my other blogging sisters and to decide which ones I will share this award with!
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate five other bloggers and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
My Answers to Yvonne’s questions:
1) Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
It makes the most sense to have a friend with me whom I enjoy being with, but one who also knows how to survive in the wilderness. I would definitely want someone who knows what plants can be safely eaten. So Maheswari, I would like you to be on the deserted island with me!
2) Would you rather travel by plane, train, or automobile?
I enjoy traveling by train the most, mainly because you can get up and move around as much as you want to. And I have had big adventures on trains! (e.g. The Day I Became a Train Hopper)
3) If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
This may seem really strange, but in this moment what I would like to do for that day is visit one of the Seattle recycling plants! I’ve wanted to do that for several years, so I better get busy and make it a reality. (If I knew this was going to be my LAST day, though, I would have a different answer!)
4) For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I feel most grateful for my two incredible adult children and for having Amma as my spiritual teacher, guide, and mother.
5) If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I did change my first name! In 1991. At that time, I asked Amma for a spiritual name and she named me Karuna, which means compassion. I treasure that name.
The Blogging Sisters I Chose as My Nominees:
Justine at Eclecticoddsnsods
Maria Brinkley at Maria Brinkley, artist
Arati at Dancing to the Words
Gerry at Open Hearted Musings
Five Questions to My Nominees:
1) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
2) Which of your belongings do you feel most attached to?
3) For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
4) What words of wisdom do you have for yourself?
5) What words of wisdom do you have for others?