I would like to thank Juliana at General Gibberish for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I was so surprised and feel very honored that she chose me to be on her list of nominees.
Here are the rules for those who are nominated and want to participate in the Liebster award process:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
Eleven things about me
1) I love chocolate!
2) I love my massage chair!
3) I’ve lived in New Mexico, Georgia, North Carolina, Germany, Hawaii, Florida, and Washington State.
4) I’ve lived in the same house in Washington State for more than 40 years!
5) I was in India when the 2004 tsunami hit the ashram where I was staying.
6) I’m finally learning to cook!
7) I was on a plane that descended 25,000 feet in approximately one minute.
8) I have a worm composter in my kitchen.
9) Our Litter Project members picked up 213,000 cigarette butts in the last 2 years!
10) I’m a psychotherapist and particularly love doing group therapy.
11) I don’t know what I want when I grow up, i.e. retire. Do I stay here, move to India, or do both?
My answers to Juliana’s eleven questions
1) What is one of the best books that you have ever read? I recently read The Prison Angel by Mother Antonia. Her story is one of the most inspiring I have ever read.
2) If you could go back in time and have a meaningful conversation with someone, who would it be? I would love to be able to talk to Martin Luther King, Jr.
3) If you were a car, what kind of car would you be? I’d be aToyota Corolla. It runs well and lasts forever!
4) Do you believe in soul mates? I know I have no idea how the universe really works, but this is not a concept I relate to.
5) What is one of your most favorite places in the world? Amritapuri in Kerala, India. It is beautiful, tropical location and home to my spiritual teacher Amma.
6) Is music important to you and if so, why? Music has always been important to me. It is the main path that takes me to the experience of bliss.
7) If you could only take one pair of shoes with you on a holiday, which pair would it be? Sneakers, they work in almost all situations, and go with the blue jeans I incessantly wear!
8) Your favorite ingredient in food would be…? Chocolate of course!
9) What do you think attracts you to an individual? Honesty, Heart, Similar interests
10) What is the first word that comes to your mind when you read, “beautiful?” Radiance
11) What makes you happy? Being with my adult children, being with Amma, and witnessing my clients grow into healthy, happy individuals.
My eleven talented nominees are:
Eleven questions for my nominees:
Where do you live, i.e. city/town, state/province/country?
What languages do you speak?
What is your favorite book and why?
What food(s) do you avoid at all costs?
What do you like best about your blog?
What is one thing you want to do but are afraid to try?
What words of wisdom do you have for yourself?
How do you like to spend your spare time?
Which accomplishment are you most proud of?
Are you a worrier? If so, what kind of things do you worry about?
What brings you the greatest joy?
Since the time I received the Liebster nomination from Juliana at General Gibberish, I have received nominations from jipsybird at Kids Kitchen Kaleidoscope, Lyrallya, Nance at The Moments Matter, Becky G? Oh That’s Me! and Sam at Kinzie’s Kritiques. very much appreciate the acknowledgment from each of them.